About Oak House
Our Mission Statement
Oak House Treatment Program sees substance abuse as a primary disease. Our program is a service that is client centered. We believe that by providing education, quality treatment, and empathy, our clients will make healthy choices. Then take action on these choices that will enable them to become useful and productive members of the community.
Oak House Treatment Program realizes that the ultimate responsibility lies within each of our clients. We also believe that we, as a therapeutic resource, can provide the most current and effective treatment modalities available in the field of Substance Abuse Treatment.
Oak House Treatment Program believes in treatment of the whole person. One of our program goals is to help our clients gain or to regain trust and balance in all areas of their life. Also to establish realistic short and long-term vocational goals.
Our Philosophy - We Rebuild Lives!
Oak House Treatment Programs philosophy is that we see sobriety as a primary goal and that damage occurs in all areas of an addicts or alcoholics life. We offer Detox services administered by a certified staff because we believe that until the addictive disorder is arrested through abstinence it is extremely difficult to resolve other life problems. Our role, as a program, is to provide the practical options and to empower our clients to appropriately seek solutions for substance abuse damage in all areas of their life.
Oak House Treatment Program believes in the Twelve Step Philosophy and that long-term sobriety is difficult to maintain unless our clients use these outside resources as a life long support system. We encourage these memberships wholeheartedly.
What is Oak House?
Oak House has been in the recovery industry since 1983. We are privately owned, state licensed and certified.
Oak House is a quality treatment program that provides men a supportive environment in which to continue their recovery from the disease of alcoholism and drug dependency.
Oak House provides men with the opportunity to live their lives in a sober atmosphere without the use of chemicals. Residents who are committed to staying sober are given guidance and assistance in putting their lives back together.
Oak House is located in the residential neighborhood of Citrus Heights (A Sacramento, California Suburb). We offer an environment for men with similar problems, fears, needs, hopes and dreams, therefore, you need not feel alone anymore!
Oak House offers the following Credentials and Services to it's clients...
- Licensed & Certified by the State of California
- Routine and Random Toxicology Screening
- SASCA Approved
- Member of National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency
- California Association of Addiction Recovery Resources
- Approved by the Judicial System
- Evaluations, Screening and Assessments
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Counseling; Individual, Group & Family Therapy
- Relapse Prevention Therapy
- Aftercare and Transitional Service Planning
- 24-Hour Staffed Facility/Professional Staff (Experienced)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Program available
- Mandatory Attendance to AA/NA Programs
- In-Patient Medical Detox Services Available
- Some Private Insurance Carriers Accepted
We offer a structured living environment for men with a dual phased system. The first three month stage has men living in a supported community with a more intensive structure. The second phase of support has the men progress to a more independent living structure. Residents are given the tools and are encouraged to find their own self-worth as individuals. Each phase has a different financial plan. Oak House can accommodate clients for a year or more if requested. Oak House is for males between 18-80. They must be clean and sober at least 72 hours unless our detoxification services are needed. Upon intake, all Detox clients are examined by a physician who may prescribe medication for the clients transition. Oak House does not discriminate against race, creed, color or sexual orientation.
Oak House provides a residential program with a home-like environment, including:
- Professional staff
- Spacious Bedrooms with linens furnished
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Food provided - Lunch and evening meals prepared by a cook
- Laundry Facilities
- Recreation facilities
- Private Fenced Yard
- Major shopping center and public transportation within walking distance
How does one become resident?
First, the applicant is screened by the Oak House staff for his appropriateness. Upon approval, you must then pay the first month's fee.
How long can one stay?
Depending on assessment and commitment of the person, the length may vary:
- We have a supervised detox program 3-7 days
- Our Primary program is from 30-90 days
- Our Secondary program is from 3-9 months
- Transitional living is also available
Let Oak House provide you with a new start!